Friday, October 1, 2010

Ranch Life

Ranch Life
Living on a ranch, with my husband, I often have the perfect opportunity to capture some great moments of our everyday life. My wonderful husband bought me a camera for Christmas a while back and I truly have not stopped taking pictures since then. Taking many pictures, my comfort level behind the camera grew and grew; I went from taking pictures of just our lives, to now the lives of others. I have started this blog to share photos with my friends, family, and now customers.
 This sunrise off of our front porch was taken as we had just finished cleaning up from a delicious breakfast and were headed off to gather the ranch.
 I cant help but like the silhouette of a cowboy in a sunset or sunrise. These cowboys were just leaving the pens to begin a long, busy day.
 Who would ever guess this picture was taken from inside of our ranch truck. It was a cold, dusty morning as the guys went their separate ways.

 As one of our helpers walked away I had to take a picture
 It is fairly easy to see the view from behind when your pushing cows, but this view as they are coming toward me with the clouds, and the cowboys in the picture too, was just breathtaking.

As the boys branded, I had lunch in the oven so I was able to be outside with them. As I walked to the other side of the branding pen on the outside of the fence, I knelt down and took a few pictures. In this particular picture, the way the iron stood out from the smoke, I just could not help myself! :-)



As our grey horse stood there watching and waiting patiently for his next job, I took a picture of a bit I had made for my husband Ty.

No comments:

Post a Comment